Dear Ones in Christ,
Owing to the fact that we are not even “dug out” yet and it’s still snowing, plus the extended forecast includes snow up until 3 PM, I am canceling Vespers for this evening. Driving conditions, according to local sources anyway, are spotty at best; most recommendations are “no travel” unless emergency dictates the need.
Since we did not have Liturgy today, there can be no Presanctified Liturgy on Wednesday. In lieu of that Liturgy, I will serve the Akathist to the Holy Cross, beginning at 6:30 PM, followed by our Lenten supper and Bible study. The reading for that initial study is today’s Gospel lesson: John 1:43-51.
I sincerely hope that all of you are warm and safe! As I’ve said, we will not be plowing out here at the Hobbit Hole until the snow stops, and we still do our clearing the old-fashioned way–with shovels. It might take us awhile!